Sunday, November 23, 2014

Lasting Memories- All About the Titles

The Challenge this week at Lasting Memories is all about the TITLE. We want to see what you have done to make your title stand out.

My page this week is about the boys' birthday dinner. My parents and sister had come from out of state to celebrate and I had planned to make baked chicken. HOWEVER, I made the mistake of buying organic chicken from the local Target. When I opened the package the smell was overwhelming because it had spoiled. And let's just say returning the chicken to Target was just as unappetizing. It took more than 45 minutes of arguments despite the fact the package was clearly marked as theirs and had a current date on it. I had bought it that day, but couldn't find the receipt. They did finally refund my money, but I will NEVER buy meat from there again, now that I know what a hassle it is to get a refund. (It couldn't be exchange because there was a problem with the refrigerator. And instead of thanking me for bringing to their attention before someone got sick, they treated me like I was trying to rip them off.)

So Grandpa came to the rescue and took us to dinner at Olive Garden.:)



Tip: I used Blue Velvet paper to make the celebrate. And I left one end of the title banner on trimmed to draw the eye to the title, while at the same time I used the blue velvet chevrons to bring focus to the title.

Supplies:
Cardstock and Paper: Hero Arts Grass Layering Paper, DCVW Graduation, Stash, Blue Velvet Paper
Ribbon: Hobby Lobby
Rhinestones; Hero Arts, Stash
Dies: Spellbinders Diamonds, Cheery Lynn Designs Celebrate, Avery Elle Chevron Bits

Looking forward to seeing your creative Titles!



1 comment:

  1. What an ordeal! It looks like you had a lovely birthday dinner out though :) The chevrons work very nicely to emphasize the title.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave a comment! I appreciate all of my wonderful readers! Elizabeth